Monday, December 6, 2010

Anxiety or Grief

Anxiety has ruled my summer this year - unavoidable, but real.  Now that my two older dogs have left this earthly life, the anxiety has ended.  This is good and, since they lived full lives and died in my arms and in peace, it is also good for my Bertie and my Princess.  The remaining dogs are getting comfortable in their new routine. 
Life is easier, but for the grief - that feeling that something important is missing from my day to day life.  This too is passing, as time is a healer.  Now my anxiety centers on getting ready for my annual drive to the Southwest. 
I can't wait to get out of the cold and snow.  And I used to be so hardy too.
Now if only I could take all my friends along with me to Phoenix, I would be pretty content.  Still, new people to meet and befriend in Phoenix, and, of course, there's also my wonderful family there.

No comments:

Post a Comment