Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quirky coincidences

A couple weeks ago I transcribed one of my December interviews for my Spotlight on Members column in my church newsletter, and was interested to hear my subject mention Thomas Jefferson's 1800 revolution, not a common event in day to day conversation.  Yet just that day, this historic event was the subject of  my American history lecture, which I am listening to when I drive.  A quirky coincidence, I thought.

Today I read that a new dollar coin is coming out honoring our 17th U.S. president, and, guess what.  That is  the subject of the section of American history I listened to in yesterday evening's lecture.  Now how about that?
Quirky coincidences!  This is my reward for paying attention. 

So do you know who our 17th president was?  Hint: He succeeded Abraham Lincoln after his assassination.  And to think I hated history in high school.

2 comments:

  1. I know the name of that president because my son shares his name!
    The sun is shining brightly today - it looks like spring (oh, except for the 2 feet of snow on the ground and the slush in the streets and the bare trees....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, the one who was president was a rabid, hate filled racist - worse even than the average ignorant type. Your son is a vastly superior human being than our 17th president.
    We're looking forward here to rain and cold this weekend. So glad I have lovely week days to enjoy the out of doors here - and take walks with the kids.

    ReplyDelete