Saturday, March 26, 2011

Miracle cure

The ad was very positive about a "breakthrough" combination of natural herbs and remedies that would free me  from the pain of arthritis, a malady from which I suffer more and more these days.  So, since the world wide web provides us such great opportunities to gather information before deciding, I googled the name of this instasomethingorother to see just what it is known to contain.  There were, of course, the usual glucosamene, chondroitin and MSM, to which were added a number of obscure ingredients which presumably added to the effectiveness of the same old stuff. 

Not to be accused of giving up too soon, I searched out an independent review of the effectiveness of this remedy.  The Internet is a wonderful resource, since even though I am strongly motivated to find something to relieve my relatively minor discomfort, the first objective article I found confirmed that this stuff is pretty much the same old stuff, except that it is much more expensive, and being marketed aggressively in spite of or perhaps because of  its unproven value.  Why, it didn't even contain bifeda regularis.  If you want to know more about that, just ask me. 

I'm back to grumbling to my dogs about my sore knees, hips and lower back, while biting my tongue to avoid complaining to those with whom I socialize and hope to keep as friends.   The wagon may be gone, but the medicine man lives on.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I can actually post this! Anyway, the "medication" you talk about may be a great placebo for someone who doesn't do their homework like you do...By the way, those Bostons look pretty shiny!

    ReplyDelete