Friday, May 14, 2010

Multitasking retirees

Folks still in the active work force often pride themselves on their ability to multitask.  Not to be outdone, as a retiree I too often multitask to complete all my necessary daily tasks.  For instance, just this morning I soaked the soap dish and brushed my teeth at the same time.  Often I rinse with mouthwash while taking the dogs' water dish to the kitchen to be filled.  I'm very confident in my ability to play Free Cell and snack on cheese and crackers at the same time.  I also in late afternoon will simultaneously sip a warming shot of brandy, meditate on the great events of the day and win my solitaire game.  Even sleeping I'm able to continue to dream while turning over in bed and pushing a dog or two out of my way.  All of which leaves me more time and energy to fulfill my daily obligations, such as playing several games of Free Cell solitaire, computer poker, Scrabble, and completing my morning cryptograms, which I'm assured will keep my mind sharp well into old age.

1 comment: