Monday, September 13, 2010

My Lily is being Spayed today

My Lily Anne is being spayed today.  That means, among other things, that she couldn't have anything to eat after 6 p.m. last evening, and she had to be at the "hospital" by 8 a.m.  Lots of traffic between 7:30 and 8 a.m. on Monday mornings, but I wasn't going where they were, so I whizzed right by them.  Perhaps whizzed is not a good word to use, and it probably wouldn't help if I qualified it saying I whizzed by them in my car. 

On my way I again mused that this really is a lousy way to spend a good part of one's life - this thing strangely called "rush hour" driving.  In many places it's more like "creeping hour".  I also mused on a sign offering VM Training.  Voice Mail training?  Very Mild training?  Vine Management training?  Obviously the letters mean something to someone.

Back home I noticed in an article on "clothes with super powers" in today's StarTribune the discription of a suit that wicks away sweat.  It said the sweat "beads up and rolls away".  Egad!  Do you suppose on our hot summer days the person wearing this suit will arrive at work with water dripping out is pant legs and into his shoes?  Wouldn't that be hard to explain? 

So after today my Lily will officially be "just a pet" and there will be no more puppies born in my household.  Just one more indication, six dogs notwithstanding, I am NOT a pet hoarder.  Furthermore, I also clean my house regularly. 

1 comment: