Monday, October 25, 2010

Could have been much worse

I fell on my face today - straight down on an unyielding sidewalk after tripping over a bump.  I didn't fall on my nose, thus it is not injured or flattened or twisted.  I did not fall in a way that will produce black eyes, thus I will still be able to appear in public regularly.  I fell on my right upper cheek (the one on my face, which sadly is not as well padded as the others), which of course you would know because I already said I had fallen on my face.

Injuries are all inside the right side of my "big mouth", which will not impair my using it to entertain you with all the details of this sordid tail; however, this injury will seriously interfere with my eating and, probably, my drinking.  I am leaving now to stock up on Instant Breakfast type drinks.  I just ate a little cheese and a little peanut butter on bread - and it hurt to chew. 

I blame my mother and the last physical therapist I was treated by.  Both admonished me to keep my head up and shoulders back, which makes it hard to see the hazards on the ground.  Probably, it was my own fault as well.  Sigh!!!

1 comment: